Day 5 - White Sands & Santa Fe, NM

Today started out at White Sands, NM.  I had no idea what to expect when Jesse planned this and it was awesome to discover endless, white sand dunes.  I honestly could have spent the entire day there but we were quickly rained out.  Luckily we took a few pics before the storm chased us off.  Unfortunately, the storm continued to follow us for most of the drive.

Our next stop was Santa Fe.  My science teacher in college once told me about how it actually snows in some places in the desert.  She showed me a photo of Santa Fe with it's beautiful, Spanish style adobe homes covered in snow and adorned in Christmas lights!  I thought it was the coolest thing and have since always wanted to visit.  We took photos inside the famous Cathedral of St. Francis Basilica then ate crepes for dinner at a nearby French pastry shop.  I hope to get some more pics around town tomorrow.



























3 comments:

  1. I love Santa Fe! The white sand pictures are just too wonderful; can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa Fe! We were there last September, amidst much rainy weather! Ah, Canyon Road...the crepes shop in the La Fonda Hotel...the wonderful doorways, or portals...the mountains...the sky! All so familiar and loved.
    Gordon and Linda Marie

    ReplyDelete